Search

Monday, February 1, 2010

Bump in the Road

Last Thursday, I experienced a "klunk" on the inside of my knee at physical therapy. It has been a little painful since then, and the area is somewhat swollen, with a little bump that sometimes "pops" when I touch it.

I had a really good PT session today, although my knee was too stiff to accomplish my goal of a 360 degree rotation on the bike. The workout included the leg press machine, which made both my knees feel really good. I also liked the pulley machine, a system of cables and weights that had lme lie on my stomach and straighten the "good" left leg, causing the "bad" right leg to bend at the knee. Hard to explain without a picture.

I felt really tired after the therapy and then was somewhat alarmed when the new knee felt as though it was about to dislocate. Didn't seem right so I called Dr. Arendt's office; the triage nurse didn't seem to like to sound of this. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 11:15. I'm not freaked out or anything; just don't want things to get worse.

On a more positive note, I am much stronger than I was a week ago and the only reason I use the crutches is for stability outside. It's a cane or nothing at all in the house -- and I look very stable. The last of the steri-strips fell off my knee yesterday and the scar looks clean and very neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment