Search

Friday, January 22, 2010

Cautiously ... on the Mend

I think it's possible that I may be rounding the corner. I dozed a lot yesterday and wondered if things were getting worse, not better! This morning, I had that "hungover" feeling again, a little disconcerting because I had to get to the clinic for my blood test at 8:45. Fortunately, the bad stomach went away quickly and I have had a good morning.

Because of the freezing rain, the deck and sidewalks were very icey and Bob and I were both afraid that I'd lose my balance, but fortunately I had no problems at all. After the blood test, we took a little ride to downtown St. Paul, and I enjoyed seeing the ice sculptors at work. It is a little too warm for ice sculpting, and I hope the work can be completed and judged before the sleet and freezing rain predicted for the weekend.

I've been sitting (again!) and, of course I'm getting tired of being "laid up". I think I'm getting better because I hardly need the crutches anymore. I'm fairly stable and can put all my weight on the knew knee.  The swelling in my leg seems to be reduced today, even though it's still quite tender. If this were summer, I'd be out for a walk.

The drugs really do knock me out so I hope I can reduce my need in the next day or so. When that happens, I'll have a real sense of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment