Search

Friday, January 29, 2010

A Shower is a Wonderful Luxury!

I took my first post-op shower today. I had no trouble getting into or out of the tub. I realized right away that I couldn't afford to get shampoo or conditioner in my eyes. Even a little bit made me feel slightly off kilter and that's not a good sensation in my situation.

12 hours later, I still feel clean! I have never before truly appreciated the great gift of clean, plentiful, hot water. I will never again take my morning shower for granted.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Cath, I so remember the joy of the first shower post-op! And for me it was even better after the second knee since I'd moved to my new place with a walk-in shower (rather than step over the steep side of the tub).

    I didn't have a meltdown but I definitely relate to yours. Take good care, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have a walk-in shower ... but it is in the basement and I'm not ready for those stairs yet! I'm OK with the tub. I've had lots of experience from previous surgeries!

    ReplyDelete