Search

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feel Great Today!

Yesterday afternoon, we went down to the hotel deck because we were afraid of simply crashing in our room and missing the beautiful sunshine. In my dazed state of extreme fatigue, I forgot my cane! I decided to go forward anyway and found myself walking almost normally. The limp is giving me some pain in my back and right hip, so I'm especially anxious to lose it if I can.

I couldn't resist taking the walkway to the beach, and once there I had to walk across to the water. I was pleasantly surprised to feel my quad muscles reacting as they should, pleased with greatly improved stability, possibly because of 6 weeks of experience on ice and snow. I did tire a little, and needed Bob's hand to hold on the way back from the beach.

By yesterday evening, both my knees were so stiff that I wondered whether I had done some permanent damage. However, a good night's sleep on a very comfortable bed has done its magic. The knee, thigh and calf muscles all feel strong this morning. Knee pain is moderate but not "threatening" -- don't think it will get worse today.

No comments:

Post a Comment