Search

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Getting my LIfe Back

Today Bob had errands to run so I was home alone most of the morning and early afternoon. A milestone: I felt well balanced enough to unload the dishwasher and put away the dishes. Seems like a small achievement, but for me, it was significant. Love that Fiestaware, but it is heavy.

I felt a little nervous because of a 2:30 interview for what I hope will be my next assignment: technical readiness coordinator for SWIFT, the state's new accounting and procurement system. My stamina must be improving; I visited a little after the interview and Bob picked me up at 4:00. It was great to stand outside in the cold for awhile, though I was wishing I could go for a little walk. Still too unsafe for me to walk on ice.

When I got home, I had a letter from HR, informing me that my doctor had cleared me for a return to work on March 11! That is two weeks later than I expected, and I'm quite sure that I'll be fine (i.e., able to work, not totally fine) by February 25. I'll deal with that issue next week.

I'm yawning now, shortly before 6 PM. Maybe that means I'll be tired enough by 10 PM to go to bed and get some sleep -- still elusive for me. Tomorrow more physical therapy, and I feel a little afraid of a "bad" experience. I had hoped to be doing a vigorous workout on the bike by now, but instead I look like a very old lady who has never been on a bicycle. In other words, I am much like my fellow PT patients. On Monday, only one other person looked younger than 80.

I think Phase II in my recovery has begun. I need to recover my strength and step up my level of activity, as I continue to improve mobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment