Search

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Report Card

Physical therapy: was dreading this morning's PT but I felt energetic and flexible. Pedaling backward, I am close to a full rotation on the bike. I could have leg-pressed all morning and all the other exercises went well too. I walked in the gym without a cane and felt perfectly stable. I could bend my knee to 98 degrees on my own, very easily. Allison pushed the knee back a little farther, to 102 degrees. I can do leg lifts forever!

Walking: I walk much more quickly and confidently now, although I'm very careful on ice and snow. In the house, I use the cane only when I'm feeling tired.

Next goal: I can go upstairs with the right leg leading, as long as I use the railing and cane. Hope to do this without the cane this time next week.

Pain: I'm aware of some pain, but it feels as though it's receding. I'm OK with OTC naproxen. Knee is stiff, but not excessively so. The "painfree" promise seems more believable today!

Fatigue: I do feel a little "fatigue". Fortunately, it doesn't have the heaviness that I associate with MS Fatigue (no sign of the MS variety for quite a while now).

Weight: Down 7 lbs.

I am a very lucky woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment