Search

Friday, February 5, 2010

An Ordinary Day

Snow again last night. Buckets of March like white stuff, pretty but very heavy. I would have liked to help clear it this morning, but it's too soon to think that I can balance well enough to wield a shovel on a slippery surface like the deck.

Instead, I did a little light housework and made lunch for Bob and me, while he did laundry and dealt with the snow. This was my first culinary initiative since the surgery, a modest effort that did not tire me out: canned chicken noodle soup, turkey & swiss sandwich on sourdough bread.

This afternoon we drove through Fort Snelling State Park, breathtakingly beautiful under the snow. The day was warm, just above freezing, and both the Minnesota and Mississippi rivers had lost a lot of ice. We saw a few dozen deer and a lot of winter birds, including trumpeter swans that have made the shallow lake their winter home for the last few seasons.

I was on my feet a lot today so the knee is stiff and a little painful this evening. The other day, my doctor assured me that I'm not going to hurt it, so I will continue working at my return to a more active life.

No comments:

Post a Comment