Search

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

Three weeks ago, I went to bed at 7:30 and woke, in pain, at midnight. Two weeks ago, it was 8:30 and 1:00 AM. Last week, 9:30 and 2:00 AM. Last night, I retired at about 10, got to sleep an hour later, and woke at 4. I had to take a couple of Alleve (naproxen)and slept, fitfully, until about 6:30. I was tempted to get up at 5 AM, my normal rising time, but I knew that I would be tired by early evening, during the Super Bowl. I am not a big fan of the Super Bowl, but I do enjoy the commercials, so I'm happy to be feeling perky at 7:30 PM.

Although I'm still far from "healed", I am feeling better. I'm practicing my slow climb of the stairs, one foot after the other. The right knee is feeling stronger. The sense of "sudden weakness" in the knee is becoming infrequent.

Bob fed the birds today. I was feeling a little fretful, with 8-9 inches of snow expected in the next 48 hours. I don't want the finches to be without sustenance. I'll be glad when I am confident enough to feed them myself -- I like to switch my feeders regularly, depending on the weather and the avian population at the feeding station.

I've had a couple of drinks tonight, and the knee feels pretty good. I would love to make it through from 10:30 - 5:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment