Search

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Day Trip to Daytona

We spend several hours at Daytona's famous Bike Week today. Although I walked a lot and spent a lot of time in the car, I feel pretty good this evening. The weather is windy and cold, so I didn't get my swim today. I was very tempted this evening, but I am afraid of tripping in the dark on the uneven deck of the hotel, so I decided not to risk it.

I realized one of the reasons the knee was catching so much the first few days we were here. Overuse is one reason, but the other is that getting in and out of the car strained the inside of the knee. I am used to pulling myself into Bob's Yukon, with little or no strain on either knee. The Impala requires a big step into the car, strain on the less than good left knee, and then a swing of the right leg. In the beginning, I could lift the right leg without straining the knee itself, and I think I irritated that "bad" area on the inside.

I'm not exhausted by 9 PM anymore, and I even made it to about 10:30 last night. Going to bed later seems to improve my chances for a better night's sleep, as does this very comfortable bed. One of the projects when we get home is a new mattress for our bed: the one we have is too firm for comfort. It was a mistake when we bought it however many years ago (7 or 8) and I think a new mattress will add to our general wellbeing.

I walked several hundred feet outside without the cane today. It felt fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment