Search

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Here Endeth the Blog

15 weeks. I had actually lost count this evening when I sat down to write this last blog entry, and was almost surprised when I did the calculation.

My 3-month appointment with Dr. Arendt was last week, but she was stranded in London because European airspace was closed after the eruption of volcano in Iceland. I agreed to see her resident instead, since I really have no problems of any significance. And sure enough, knee flexion is good and only a few areas on either side of my knee are still tender. The lateral numb space is shrinking -- nerve regeneration, I suppose. Because the left knee was quite painful, I asked for, and received, a cortisone shot. It feels reasonably OK now so I may have dodged the bullet for awhile.

It's hard to remember that I used to dread going to bed because pain would either keep me from going to sleep, or wake me many times during the night. No more. Nights are pain-free, or pretty much so. The absence of pain and the new stability of my right knee continue to thrill me.

I know that my recovery will probably continue for another 9 months, but I think that day-to-day progress will tend to be imperceptible until I reach another milestone. That's it till it's time to think about doing the left knee!

No comments:

Post a Comment