Search

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Red, Yellow, Black & Blue

The last time I displayed so many colors was after the 1985 motorcycle accident that left me bruised from head to toe. For awhile this afternoon, when the intensity of the colors alarmed Bob, I worked myself into a mental frenzy, imagining myself bleeding silently under the skin, like some member of the Russian royal family. I'm quite sure that most of my reaction is due to a dramatic temperament and rather too much imagination. The physical therapist did not seem unduly concerned this morning.

The PT thought I had good mobility, 90 degrees already. The angle must get to at least 120, I think. I was quite a sight outside today. The temperature had fallen a little since yesterday, and my summer jacket and shorts looked a trifle odd, even for me. I had been counting on going to lunch, and when Bob insisted that we go home after the morning's workout, I started to cry again, imagining that he was ashamed of his decrepit -- and crazy -- wife, outside in shorts in the middle of January. Fortunately, the mood passed and I enjoyed the afternoon.

Despite all the ratings woes and public NBC infighting, I enjoy watching Jay Leno at 9 PM. My diminished mental state seems to enhance the quality of all TV, so I'm looking forward to a a little guilt-free self indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment