Search

Thursday, February 11, 2010

108 Degrees

I thrashed all night last night, and finallly got up at 6:20 AM -- late for my old self (the real me?). Allison raised the seat on the stationary bike and I was able to do the 360-degree rotation, backward, at least a dozen times. I was very happy with myself, while recognizing the fact that I can't peddle my bike backward and get anywhere. Still, it's a milestone.

I can now go downstairs, one foot after the other. I need the cane, but I feel that it won't be long before I can do the stairs on my own.

The new cane is very functional and I even wonder if I need it indoors. The kneebend measurement was 105 degrees this morning, 108 degrees when manually pushed by Allison. I walk "almost" without a limp.

This afternoon I worked on personal income tax and then sat outside on the deck for a couple of hours in the sunshine, enjoying the rays from the propane heater.  It was my first time outside for any length of time, and I realized how deprived I feel when I can't get outdoors! The smell of the snow reminded me of  wonderful winters of skiing in my hometown of Temiscaming. I would really love to be out on my skis!

No comments:

Post a Comment