Search

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Working on my Stamina

I finally had a great night's sleep last night. The Mirapex (for muscle spasms) has worked wonders and the terrible seized up feeling I had in all my muscles has almost dissapeared. I woke only a few times during the night and needed no Tylenol or naproxen. The power of sleep is amazing: I felt much better today and was actually able to almost finish the 1120 federal income tax return for Bob's company. Any kind of intellectual effort tends to leave me feeling very "depleted", so I didn't manage more than a couple of hours of work.

This afternoon I walked around Kohls and bought a pair of Keds sandals for the summer. Stopped at Jackson Medical for my brand new cane that I hope to test drive tomorrow when I go to physical therapy. I wonder if I'll have the nerve to walk to the garage without the crutches? Stay tuned.

Made dinner. It was a simple meal of chicken from the Rainbow Foods deli, steamed broccoli and rice. I was very tired when I finished, but happy that I was still stable on my feet. For the first time all day, the knee was painful enough to warrant a couple of Tylenol.

I'm surprised that my mind doesn't seem to be either very sharp or able to concentrate on anything too demanding. I thought I would be spending a lot of time working on my favorite word and math puzzles but even the simple ones seem too challenging. I suspect that my mind will be stronger when I don't have to concentrate so hard on simple, ordinary activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment