Search

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Whoever would have thought that 8 o'clock would seem like an early out for me? I wasn't sure how I would sleep, so I figured we should go to mass in the early evening instead of at 8 AM. As it turned out, I slept pretty well and felt reasonably good this morning, though stiff legged, as usual. I decided to go grocery shopping with Bob and realized, once again, what a workout very ordinary activities can present. The Midway Rainbow seemed very big -- and my entire leg was quite tired by the time we left the store. So many new obstacles!

Took it easy, for the most part, this afternoon. I did chop a little ice on the sidewalk around the house and then sat on the deck enjoying the sunshine. By the time we came out of church after 5 PM mass, I had had enough activity for the day, so I was glad to have a quick fish dinner at Culver's in Bloomington.

We got home shortly after 7 and I felt as though I had put in a 12-hour day at work. I watched Lindsey Vonn's gold medal downhill race and am now catching up on other Olympic events. Trying to make it to 10 PM before I crash.

I think this will be a good lent for me. Quiet and plenty of time for reflection, with a very profound gratitude for the progress I am making with rehab -- much more difficult and stressful than I had ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment