Search

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just about Ready to End the Blog

One evening this week I realized that I hadn't thought about the new knee since the day before. Of course, the left knee felt like hell, and I was apprehensive about the months ahead with that very problematic joint.

Only the area to the right of the kneecap is still a little tender and painful. The scar looks great. It's totally healed so I've been applying fade cream to it. I'm really not at all vain, but the fact that it is fading makes me feel that healing is nearly complete.

I hope to try my bike this weekend, and maybe the inline skates too. The feeling that I finally have one stable knee is a thrill that I never expected to experience. I walked downtown several times this week and was on my feet for over an hour at at time without being fatigued. Barring some catastrophic event, I don't foresee any problems with my ongoing recovery.

I see Dr. Arendt on April 20 and will tie up loose ends then, ending the blog. I re-read most of my entries the other day, humbled as I thought about the little victories and defeats that have gone into what seems to be a successful outcome. Tomorrow is Good Friday, and I'll observe it much as I did last year. I'm the designated narrator for the reading of St. John's Passion at Nativity in St. Paul. Last year, both knees were killing me during the reading. I think I'll be fine tomorrow, and I am very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment