Search

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Old Self Revisited

I've always loved a walk over my lunch hour and now I can indulge myself without paying the price in pain and fatigue. Even though the left knee is sore, I walk and stand easily for an hour, without wondering how I'm going to get back to work. Even better, I sleep fairly well most nights and am not awakened by pain.

Unfortunately, both knees have been somewhat swollen the last couple of days. I attribute this to hours of meetings during the day, requiring me to sit for many hours at a time. This morning, all but 20 minutes of the first 4 hours of the day were spent sitting down. I was glad that I had scheduled two meetings myself, and I allowed 10 minutes after the hour to allow me and the other attendees the opportunity to stretch.

I haven't yet achieved my goal of riding the bike or skating. Maybe this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment